This flavorful and colorful recipe incorporates three powerhouse summer veggies: corn, soybeans (edamame), and bell peppers. Packed with fiber, protein, and healthy fat, this vegetarian recipe can stand alone as a balanced meal or be served as a side dish. We also love topping it with our favorite chopped meat for a non-veg version!
Enjoy all year round by subbing in frozen produce.
SUMMER CORN SALAD
Serves 4 as a full meal, or 8 as a side dish
- 3 cups soybeans (edamame), shelled and steamed
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh oregano or basil, chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
Shell and steam edamame. Drain and rinse with cold water. Shuck corn. Chop onions and herbs. Combine main ingredients in large bowl, set aside. Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl. Add dressing to main ingredients. Toss to coat.
Nutrition (based on 4 servings):
Calories: 386; Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Sodium: 126 mg; Carbs: 44g; Fiber: 10g; Protein: 21g